… a Hames Family Favorite!
Grab all your Thanksgiving leftovers and bake up this delicious casserole for a second helping.
6 Slices Sourdough Bread, cut into 1″ cubes
2 C. Turkey (or chicken)
1/4 C. Green Pepper, diced
1/2 C. Celery, chopped
1 Small Onion, diced
1 Can Water Chestnuts, drained and chopped
1/2 C. Mayonaise
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 Eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 C. Milk
1 Can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
Grated Cheese, our favorite is Jack and Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease the bottom of a 9×13″ pan.
- Spread 2 slices of bread cubes on the bottom of the pan.
- Mix together in a bowl: turkey, green pepper, celery, onion, water chestnuts, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture over the bread cubes.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Use a spatula to spread the canned soup over the bread cubes (do not dilute the soup!).
- Bake for 50 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with as much grated cheese as desired and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
Hames Family Tip: Prepare the casserole the night before and place it in your refrigerator for later baking!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!