Valentine’s Day is about so much more than finding the perfect someone to spend the day with. It’s about being there for your friends and family and showing them a little extra love, sending a card to someone you haven’t seen for a while, and well, in our opinion, it’s about eating food in the shape of a heart. Especially when it’s made with chocolate, and even more so when it’s warm and gooey.
Whomever your Valentine is this year – and maybe it’s you! – we invite you to feast your eyes and tempt your taste buds with these delicious, easy-to-bake, fun-to-make treats and put a little love in your tummy.
Captain Sea Mart’s Favorite Treats:
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries – it doesn’t get much easier than melting chocolate, dipping and refrigerating until the chocolate hardens.
- Lava Cake – a treat that is a little more involved, but scrumptiously good, and we’ve taste tested that it tastes better in a heart shape. Trust us.
- Heart Shaped Brownie – grab your favorite box of brownies, bake and use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut them out. Add strawberry frosting and sprinkles for a little added fun.
- Hot Chocolate – we know you’ve seen baristas make those fancy hearts out of frothed milk. If you’re like us, a little artistically challenged, cut giant marshmallows out in the shape of hearts instead.
- Chocolate Covered Shortbread – buy shortbread, melt chocolate, dip, eat.
- Fruit Pizza – bake sugar cookie dough in the shape of a giant heart, cover with chocolate, slice your favorite fruit and pile it on.
- Nutella with a side of toast – no seriously, one slice of toast, one jar of Nutella, it’s the perfect ratio.
- Oreo Truffles – Oreos, milk, chocolate chips. That’s all you need for these delicious, bite-sized treats. Although, they taste even better when covered with sprinkles, now that we think about it.
- Chocolate Donuts – the best part of Valentine’s Day…eating sweets for breakfast.
- Chocolate Bark – layer dark, milk, and white chocolate, then top with sprinkles, conversation hearts or pretzel pieces for a delicious snack.
Have a favorite treat we missed? Share it in the comments below.