Three Recipes That Will Make Your Summer Better
Summer is knocking on Sitka’s door and you know what that means… time to fire up the grill and invite the neighbors over for beer, belly laughs and delicious food.
That’s what we’re all about here at Sea Mart. Good food shared with good people. And to help you make the most of barbecue season, we’ve put together a few of our favorite summertime recipes.
The Best Steak Marinade in Existence
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons dried basil
1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
1 teaspoon dried minced garlic (optional)
- Place the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, basil, parsley, and pepper in a blender. Add hot pepper sauce and garlic, if desired. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour marinade over desired type of meat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Cook meat as desired.
(courtesy of AllRecipes.com)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped green onions
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoons wasabi paste
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 (16-oz.) package shredded coleslaw mix
3/4 cup lightly salted peanuts
- Whisk together first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; add coleslaw mix, stirring to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour; stir in peanuts just before serving.
(courtesy of MyRecipes.com)
- Cut the rind off of the watermelon so that it makes a cake-shaped circle.
- Dry the watermelon thoroughly by patting it down with paper towels. This will help the frosting to stick better.
- Frost the outside with a layer of whipped cream.
- Add almonds.
- Garnish the top with fresh fruits of your choice (raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
A mix of fresh ingredients, interesting flavors, and surrounding yourself with people, while sharing food you love around a table, is one of life’s greatest pleasures. “That’s what human life is all about, enjoying things,” said the ultimate food lover, Julia Childs.
We couldn’t agree more.
See you in the aisles!